Potential good news surrounding Norris’ injury
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Colchester United’s leading scorer, Luke Norris, is hopeful of a swift return from an ankle injury, despite being stretchered off during last weekend’s 1-0 win over Swindon Town.
Fortunately, Norris did not suffer a fracture, and he also escaped serious injury to his Achilles tendon.
Speaking after this morning’s training session, at Florence Park, Tiptree, ahead of his side’s FA Cup first round tie at Accrington Stanley this weekend, boss John McGreal said: “Luke (Norris)has still got to see the surgeon tomorrow, but it seems to be settling down well.
“We don’t want to tempt fate, but the Achilles is fine and he’s feeling confident at the moment – in fact, he’s always a very confident lad.
“The injury is more to do with his ankle. We still don’t know the extent of the injury, but we will know more soon.
You may also want to watch:
“He might still need surgery, but we are hoping that this won’t be the case, despite being in such pain last weekend, when we had feared the worst,” added McGreal.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 9 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season