Matchday Recap: Blues on the wrong end of a Deepdale rout
- Credit: Archant
Ipswich Town were beaten 4-0 by Preston North End this afternoon.
The Blues’ drop into the third tier was confirmed last weekend following the 1-1 draw with Birmingham, with Paul Lambert giving his players a few days off to let the feeling sink in.
But now he wants his squad back at it for the final four games of the campaign.
“We gave the lads a couple of days off because there’s no point coming in here with your face on the floor and it’s not good for the players, and it’s not good for staff,” he said.
“Again, they’re a young group, and whether they realise majorly what they’re involved in at the minute nobody knows, but we’ll bounce back that’s for sure.”
You may also want to watch:
Preston were Lambert’s first opponents as Ipswich boss, in a game which ultimately ended in a 1-1 draw at the start of November.
“I thought we deserved to win the game but they’ve had a good season,” the Town manager recalled. “And Preston is a tough game. We’ve had too many draws that’s been our problem.”
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 8 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 9 Two cars set alight in two different streets
- 10 Jailed in Suffolk: The criminals put behind bars this week