Preview: Jake Nicholls set to star at Blaxhall in Eastern Motocross Championship
- Credit: Archant
This Sunday sees the Woodbridge & DMCC host the penultimate round of the Bickers Lifting ACU Eastern Motocross Championship at the Blaxhall circuit near Woodbridge, with the event being supported by Orwell Truck and Vans, writes Rick Blyth.
A 150 rider strong entry which includes local star Jake Nicholls, as well as an exciting 12 race programme featuring both Expert and Junior graded riders is sure to produce a full day of racing action on the sandy circuit.
The Expert line up consists of the best riders in the Eastern region as they compete in the Premier class with current Championship leader Luke Benstead looking to secure 2017 ACU Eastern Expert Championship with a round to go.
Benstead will have his work cut out as Nicholls will be making his return to racing action at his home circuit after dislocating his hip earlier this year.
The Ipswich based rider recently announced his retirement from Grand Prix racing and will now focus on the National championships from 2018.
You may also want to watch:
Also looking to make the day difficult for Benstead will be top British MX2 Championship rider Lewis Tombs and National Youth rider Tom Grimshaw, while Declan Whittle who is currently second in the championship and reigning champion Luke Parker in third will be both looking to take points off Benstead.
Brad Woodroffe and Shaun Southgate will also be looking to score strong points to end to season. With such a strong line up the racing is sure to be great.
- 1 People with these surnames in Suffolk could be owed a fortune
- 2 Valley Ridge ski resort in jeopardy amid furious row over landfill site
- 3 Man left with cuts to his head after being bottled following fight in Suffolk town
- 4 'Never seen anything like it' - community pulls together to revamp pub
- 5 Delays after car crashes into level crossing
- 6 Mike Bacon: Never delve too deeply into those pre-season results
- 7 Tourists turn to inland Suffolk as coast books up
- 8 Gill on the move again as former Town coach heads to the Championship
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
While in the Junior class the fastest 10 riders on the day will complete the Premier class line up with the remaining riders competing in three separate races.
Current points leader Rheis Morter will be looking to extend his 24 point lead over Aaron Holloway and James Wayman at Blaxhall.
The leading trio will have their work cut out against the rest of the Junior Championship riders.
All the action starts at 9.30am with practice followed by the first race after lunch.
Admission prices are £10 for adults and £5 for unaccompanied children with the Blaxhall Circuit being located using the postcode IP17 1LG.