Price and Bent relishing clash
AS expected Lewis Price has been named in the Wales Under-21 squad, which will face Darren Bent's England next month, writes Derek Davis.The Ipswich Town duo are relishing facing each other at Blackburn's Ewood Park in a Group Six European Championship qualifier on Friday, October 8.
AS expected Lewis Price has been named in the Wales Under-21 squad, which will face Darren Bent's England next month, writes Derek Davis.
The Ipswich Town duo are relishing facing each other at Blackburn's Ewood Park in a Group Six European Championship qualifier on Friday, October 8.
Bent has been in phenomenal form for his country, hitting six goals in eight games, all after going on as a substitute.
He said: “Ever since the draw was first made in the summer we have been winding each other up. Lewis has done well for Wales but I intend to have him picking the ball out of the net and he knows it.”
You may also want to watch:
Price has been rock solid in the Welsh goal, keeping two clean sheets in succession.
He joked: “I would probably hang myself if Benty scored. He has been on fire for England and whether he starts or comes off the bench he will be dangerous.”
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 5 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 6 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 7 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 8 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 9 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 10 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
Wales then take on Poland in Swansea four days later, while England travel to face Azerbaijan.
Ian Westlake and Matt Richards are hoping to win further call-ups by Peter Taylor.
Richards made his debut against Ukraine at Middlesbrough's Riverside Stadium but missed out on the trip to Austria and Poland due to injury, while Westlake travelled with the squad but was not used.
Wales squad: Price (Ipswich), Worgan (Rushden), Coates (TNS), Duffy (Portsmouth), Gilbert (Plymouth), Anthony (Cardiff), Morgan (Wrexham), M Jones (Wrexham), Parslow (Cardiff), Spender (Wrexham), Crowell (Wrexham), Fish (Cardiff), Fowler (Huddersfield), Pipe (Notts C), Tolley (Shrewsbury), Vaughan (Crewe), Birchall (Arsenal), Caliste (Man Utd), Fleetwood (Cardiff) and Hughes (Kaiserslauten).