Price may face Paraguay
LEWIS Price could face England's World Cup opponents Paraguay three months before the South Americans arrive in Germany.The Blues keeper will hope to be the Wales No.
By Derek Davis
LEWIS Price could face England's World Cup opponents Paraguay three months before the South Americans arrive in Germany.
The Blues keeper will hope to be the Wales No.1 on the night they entertain the South Americans in Cardiff's Millennium Stadium on March 1.
Price, who has been attracting Premiership interest with a fine string of games for Ipswich this season, made his debut for Wales with a man of the match performance against Cyprus last month and manager John Toshack has earmarked the Bournemouth-born keeper as his future No.1.
You may also want to watch:
Price could also play against another of England's Group B opposition if Trinidad & Tobago can organise a date for a friendly against the Welsh.
Trinidad had hoped to play Wales in London in March but the latter preferred to meet Paraguay on home soil, but a friendly could still be organised as part of their World Cup preparations, while the Welsh are concentrating on European Championship qualification, starting in September.
- 1 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 2 Town could still move for another winger after Chaplin signing
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 5 Andy's Angles: Six observations from Ipswich Town's Colchester draw
- 6 Luke Woolfenden: 'It's like night and day, and I'm loving it'
- 7 Suffolk landowner is fined for careless driving and jumping red light
- 8 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 9 Edmundson was schooled by the 'golden generation' and has put his faith in the Ipswich rebuild
- 10 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
The Caribbean side are on £50,000 a man to play in the World Cup finals, while England players will get £300,000 each.