Promising cricketer in plea for help
A PROMISING Ipswich cricketer has sent out a plea for help.
Kieran Cloud has been awarded a five-year scholarship at St Joseph’s College in Ipswich, but needs to raise �6,000 in the next five days in order to take up the offer. The money would help fund his first year’s education, and his family would then pay for his fees thereafter.
The 13-year-old opening bowler, who is currently at Hadleigh High School and only took up cricket two years ago, has this season played for Ipswich CC 3rd and 4th XIs and represented Suffolk Under-13s.
He came on as 12th man for the PCA England Masters in their match at Ipswich CC a fortnight ago, bowling one over for four runs and taking a catch.
Kieran, who is the son of former Achilles cricketer Karl Cloud, had his bat signed by the PCA England Masters team and was also presented with a signed miniature bat for his efforts.
You may also want to watch:
Any individual or company interested in acting as a benefactor on his behalf should contact Kieran’s mum, Sharon Elliott, on 07804 097710.
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 3 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 4 Lorry overturns after crashing into office building - warning over delays
- 5 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 6 Seven spots to visit on the Suffolk Coast this autumn
- 7 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 8 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 9 Church brings a new Hope to former Ipswich Odeon cinema
- 10 Louis Theroux documentary on White House Farm murder premieres tonight