Promotion clash for Bury
BURY Town's promotion ambitions could be given a major boost today with victory at Slough Town.The Suffolk side have been propelled to third in the Zamaretto League Midlands Division One table following four successive league victories.
BURY Town's promotion ambitions could be given a major boost today with victory at Slough Town.
The Suffolk side have been propelled to third in the Zamaretto League Midlands Division One table following four successive league victories.
Richard Wilkins' side travel to league-leaders Slough Town today knowing that another win would move them to within three points of the league summit. Just three points currently separates third place and eighth.
You may also want to watch:
Only Nick Davey and Elliott Hunter are out through injury, so Wilkins only decision will be the make up of the starting line up, where there could be a change with Russell Short now back to full fitness.
Meanwhile, AFC Sudbury travel to Bromsgrove Rovers today hoping to avoid a third successive defeat.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 Two people injured after car flips over in east Suffolk
- 6 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 7 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 8 Returning fans, new faces and a visit from Premier League royalty - Town face Crystal Palace as pre-season moves up a gear
- 9 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 10 Warnock on Town target Coulson's absence from Middlesbrough squad
Nicky Smith's side lost 2-1 at home to Slough on Tuesday night to slip to 17th in the table. And while they face a side that are third-from-bottom today, Bromsgrove's position in the table is slightly false following their 10 point deduction at the start of the season.