Quick goal ends it early
Ryman's League NorthWare 2 Bury Town 1WARE caught Bury cold in the second minute when, from a free kick by Paul Burton on the right, Sam Berry eluded a static Bury defence to side-foot past Alan Calton.
Ryman's League North
Bury Town 1
WARE caught Bury cold in the second minute when, from a free kick by Paul Burton on the right, Sam Berry eluded a static Bury defence to side-foot past Alan Calton.
You may also want to watch:
Bury then created several good chances which they failed to take. Craig Parker and Lee Smith both shot wide when well placed and Smith failed to beat Anthony Anstead when clean through on the keeper.
The equaliser finally came in the 33rd minute when, from a free-kick by Owen Paynter on the left, Steve Bugg got the final touch at the near post.
- 1 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 4 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 5 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 6 69 homes for Suffolk village delayed over 'bland' design
- 7 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 8 Crash between two motorbikes
- 9 Ipswich closing in on Coulson loan signing
- 10 New-look Cobbold Stand finished - and what a difference it makes!
Bugg again found the net three minutes later, but it was ruled out for offside.
On the hour Ware regained the lead. There seemed to be no danger when Sam Berry received the ball 25 yards out, but his volley flew over Calton, who was off his line, into the Bury net for what proved to be the winner.