Rain halts Fen Tigers’ Trophy charge
Mildenhall Fen Tigers 24, Stoke Potters 6 National League Trophy (Abandoned Rain) - Result does not stand
MILDENHALL Fen Tigers were left frustrated by the weather, as an unexpected deluge led to their National Trophy clash with Stoke being abandoned after five heats at West Row.
The home side were heading towards a huge win having already wracked up four 5-1s and a 4-2, when the heavens opened. “It’s frustrating, but typical of the season the whole sport has had to endure,” mulled Mildenhall co-promoter Michael Lee.
The meeting will be re-staged this Friday (19th October) with a 7.30pm start. It means Mildenhall have now had to abandon plans to stage the Bernie Klatt Memorial Trophy individual meeting planned for that night.
The club have also announced that after further talks with West Row’s owners, that if the Fen Tigers qualify, they can now stage the second leg of the Grand Final against Dudley, on Wednesday 24th October. “We were concerned that the only date available seemed to be 31st October,” said Lee, “which would have left us no where to go if that meeting was rained off. Now if we reach the final, at least we have another option.”
Mildenhall Fen Tigers: 24
Jason Garrity (g) 2’ = 2
- 1 Will it be another lockdown Christmas?
- 2 The early betting favourites to be the next Town boss
- 3 The possible candidates as Ipswich Town search for new boss
- 4 'Would get Town promoted this season' - Ambrose reveals his choice for new boss
- 5 Major west Suffolk reopens after lorry and car crash
- 6 McGreal named interim boss as Cook's coaches all depart
- 7 Flood alert issued for Suffolk and north Essex coast
- 8 Approved town centre hotel will help meet need for tourist rooms
- 9 Ipswich Station closed as man arrested for possessing a firearm
- 10 Look inside: Stunning £3m home is most expensive on market in Suffolk
Lewis Blackbird R/R
Joe Jacobs 3,3,3 = 9
Daniel Halsey (c) 2’,2’ = 4+2_
Stefan Nielsen 3 = 3
Ryan Terry-Daley 1 = 1
Josh Bates 3,2’ = 5
Stoke Potters: 6
Ben Morley (g) X,1 = 1
Liam Carr 1,0 = 1
James Cockle 1, = 1
Ben Reade 0 = 0
Tony Atkin 1 = 1
Liam Rumsey 2, X = 2
Lee Geary 0,0 = 0