Rain thwarts Suffolk's cricketers
RAIN prevented Suffolk from pulling off a possible victory over Bedfordshire at Exning in their latest Under 17 fixture.Ziaf Kulasi (104) and Josh Davey (76) added 168 in 44 overs before Davey departed.
RAIN prevented Suffolk from pulling off a possible victory over Bedfordshire at Exning in their latest Under 17 fixture.
Ziaf Kulasi (104) and Josh Davey (76) added 168 in 44 overs before Davey departed. Kulasi fell at 240 and for a time the Bedfordshire bowlers regained control. However Luke Turner and Alex Gooding saw Suffolk through to close of play at 311 for six off 98 overs, having made up most of the time lost to rain.
Suffolk batted on to complete 120 overs despite losing Turner (37) at 338, as Gooding completed his fifty with good support from Tom Whiteman (36 not out) before declaring at 409 for 7 wkts.
Bedfordshire lost an early wicket but maintained a healthy scoring rate of four an over. However, the loss of two wickets quickly and a third shortly before tea slowed the rate considerably.
You may also want to watch:
Tea was taken eight minutes early due to rain and that proved to be the last action as heavy rain prevented any further play.
Suffolk 409 for 7 (Kulasi 104, Josh Davey 76, Gooding 53 no, Turner 37, Whiteman 36 no, Baugh 28). Bedfordshire 107 for 4 (Bishop 49). Match abandoned as a draw - Suffolk 10pts, Bedfordshire 8pts.
- 1 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 2 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 3 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 5 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 6 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 7 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 8 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 9 Andy Angles: Five observations following Town's clash with Crystal Palace
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence