Ramadan Osman takes second at Colchester 10K while Colchester Harriers win team titles
- Credit: Archant
Colchester Harriers surged to a double team victory at the Colchester 10km road race, held from the Garrison track.
Ramadan Osman was first home for the Harriers in second spot, clocking 33mins 16secs on a warm and windy morning. A bumper field of more than 800 tackled the 10 K route, with Kent AC’s James Connor tasting victory in 32:31.
Joining Osman in the winning Harriers team was Colin Ridley, who was third overall and first in his age group (over-55s) in 35:06, and sixth-placed Mark Harrod (35:57).
There were also top 10 finishers for fellow Harriers Danny Millward (seventh in 36:18) and Paul Rodgers (10th in 36:47).
The ladies’ race featured a fine one-two-three for the Harriers. Sarah Stradling won in 38:26, with Laura Shewbridge second in 39:30 and Lucy Mapp third with 40:29.
You may also want to watch:
There were age category awards for Harrod, David Wright (40:11), Arthur Whiston (44:31), Andy Raynor (37:35) and John Wheatley (51:00).
Other Harriers finishers included: 11 Andrew Jobling 36-55, 12 Max Caulfield 37-09, 13 Keith Marley 37-33, 15 Ian Haw 37-36, 28 Richard Boden 39-24, 32 Fergus Crouch 39-43, 34 Paul Preston 39-50, 35 Richard Flutter 39-59, 49 Richard Millward 40-51.
- 1 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 2 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 3 Affordable homes project proposed for east Suffolk village
- 4 Pub changes 'offensive' Halloween display after social media criticism
- 5 'The culture is right' - Johnson leaves Town in good hands after whirlwind trip
- 6 Emergency services conduct search and rescue mission off Harwich coast
- 7 Town keeper Holy set for emergency loan move
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker in Cavendish
- 9 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 10 Controversial north Essex village homes plan set for go-ahead
Also: 51 Kevin Higgens 41-09, 54 Dan mark 41-15, 56 Michael Burrows 41-25, 63 Simon Morgan 41-49, 64 Malcolm Statham 41-56, 65 Benjamin Halls 42-02, 68 Rob Ferguson 42-21, 69 Graham Langford 42-21, 81 Chris Panton 42-44, 83 Ffion Harris 42-51, 85 Dan Wilkinson 42-56, 86 Clive Thomas 42-56, 115 Debbie Cattermole 44-39, 127 Rachel Taylor 45-40, 174 Jo martin 47-44, 179 Fiona Wattam 48-03, Angela Isherwood 48-39, Jenny Richardson 48-46, Brian Smith 49-12, Natasha Rice 50-59.
Elsewhere, Harriers’ Angus Holford swept to victory in the North Carolina State mile, while out working in America. Holford ran a superb 4mins 28secs.
The Harwich evening 5km series got under way in good conditions along the sea front, with Danny Millward the fastest Harrier on the night and second fastest overall in 17:15,
Tom Cresswell (17:51) and Paul Preston (17:57) were in good form, while Andy Raynor ran a personal best of 18:10. Laura Shewbridge was flying, setting a superb 18:51. Others to run included Sharon Frost 24:01, Joseph Boden 18:18 (PB), Aaron Marley 18:39, Keith Marley 18:28, Ady Frost 20:09 and Steve Clark 22:09.