Rampant Witches notch up the points with ruthless display against Redcar
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches 61 Redcar Bears 32
The smiles were back at Foxhall Stadium on Saturday night, as Ipswich Witches raced to their biggest victory of the season.
Led by skipper Danny King and excellent guest Ryan Douglas, who both raced to paid maximums, the home side at last managed to express themselves with a competent performance against Redcar Bears, running out 61-32 winners.
The final scoreline reflected the dominance of the home side who produced all but three heat winners – and eight 5-1 maximum heat victories.
“It was a solid performance, every rider being involved well in it,” team boss Ritchie Hawkins said after the meeting.
“Ryan (Douglas) has been an awesome guest and the team spirit all night, from the moment we got here, has been so good, the best I’ve seen it this season.
“Hopefully the fans went home happy. I’m sure they did. They deserve this as much as the riders do because we haven’t been good enough on too many occasions this season.
- 1 Village hall treasurer jailed after stealing cash to help his business
- 2 Push for 4 day work week in Suffolk after company's profits soar 200%
- 3 Road near A14 closed after 'serious' two-vehicle crash
- 4 'Incredible' Downes tipped 'to play at the very top'
- 5 First look inside Ipswich's new Tim Hortons ahead of opening
- 6 When loans go permanent: Town's hits and misses when keeping hired hands full-time
- 7 'We thought he could be someone special' - Comolli on McKenna's start in coaching
- 8 Flood alert issued for parts of Suffolk coastline
- 9 Colchester sack Mullins as ex-Town defender takes interim charge of U's
- 10 Walton completes permanent move to Ipswich Town
“But they have stuck with us and we really appreciate it.
More from Ritchie, Paco Castagna and Danny King in Monday’s Ipswich Star paper + a two-page picture spread from Steve Waller.
1 King, Bjerre, Sarjeant, Bukhave 57.3 4-2
2 Nielsen, Payne, Castagna, Greenwood 60.0 5-7
3 Douglas, Risager, Nielsen, Bellego (f/x) no time 10-8
4 Covatti, Andersen, Greenwood, Payne 60.1 14-10
5 Douglas, Bjerre, Bukhave, Risager 59.6 17-13
6 King, Sarjeant, Andersen, Nielsen 57.5 22-14
7 Covatti, Castagna, Payne, Bellego 61.0 27-15
8 Sarjeant, Castagna, Payne, Bukhave 58.8 32-16
9 Risager, Douglas, Nielsen, Andersen (exc) no time 37-17
10 King, Sarjeant, Andersen, Bellego 58.6 42-18
11 Bjerre*, Covatti, Nielsen, Greenwood 59.2 44-25
12 Bellego, Risager, Nielsen, Castagna 59.8 46-29
13 Covatti, King, Bjerre, Andersen 58.7 51-30
14 Douglas, Greenwood, Nielsen, Bellego 56-31 58.7
15 King, Covatti, Andersen, Bjerre 58.5 61-32
*tac ride points count double
Ipswich 3 pts. Redcar 0 pts.
Ipswich: D King 14+1, J Sarjeant 8+2, M Risager 7+1, R Douglas 11+1, N Covatti 13+1, P Castagna 5+2, O Greenwood 3+1
Redcar: L Bjerre 11, J Bukhave 1+1, R/R, D Bellego 3, J Andersen 5, S Nielsen 8, L Payne 4+1