Redcar the visitors for the Rockets with star man Richard Lawson the one too watch while Matt Tresarrieu misses the meeting
The Silver Ski Rockets return to home shale on Saturday (7pm start) as they welcome Redcar to town for Premier League action.
The Bears finished a tantalising match point shy of making the Semi-Final cut in their League Cup group, and have since won away at Newcastle in their League programme.
They are led by Richard Lawson, who is currently ranked third in the national averages and also enjoying a strong second season with Elite League Lakeside. Fourth year man Aaron Summers and 2013 rider of the year Hugh Skidmore also feature in the Teessiders’ side.
The Rockets for their part will unfortunately be once again missing Mathieu Tresarrieu, who is committed to a European Grasstrack Championship round. Although FIM-subscribed, the event carries no direct guest facility, leaving the Rockets to call on former British U-16 Champion Nathan Greaves as National League cover.
Greaves impressed with paid 4 when handed a spot in the side for last week’s match at Edinburgh to deserve a second opportunity. As Rye House team manager John Sampford comments, “Nathan really got stuck in at Edinburgh. It was his first ever visit to Armadale but he rode well for his limited experience, which is why we’ve handed him another opportunity on Saturday.”
Sampford, though, appreciates that Tresarrieu’s absence will still leave a fair gap to fill, and adds that “We’ll need the rest of the main body of the team to show the form they did against Glasgow last Saturday in order to get the right result.”
Rye House: Luke Bowen, Steve Boxall, Jason Bunyan, Jason Garrity, Nathan Greaves (guest) Edward Kennett (captain), Stefan Nielsen (if fit)
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 3 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 4 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 5 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 8 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
Redcar: Luke Crang, Jan Graversen, Rafal Konopka, Richard Lawson, Hugh Skidmore, Aaron Summers (captain), Carl Wilkinson
Saturday’s main event will be followed by six races of Midland Development League action as the Rye House Raiders look to extend what is currently a six match winning streak when they take on the King’s Lynn Lightning.