Region’s teams all drawn at home in FA Cup
LEISTON will host a mouthwatering FA Cup First Round match against Port Vale if they beat Dartford in Tuesday night’s replay.
One of the lowest rank sides left in the competition booked their place in today’s hat after a goalless draw against their Kent opponents at Victory Road.
While overcoming a Dartford side ranked three leagues above them will be a difficult task in itself, the prospect of facing a side currently second in the Npower League Two table will certainly give both teams extra incentive in the replay.
And there was further good news for the region’s sides who were all given home ties in today’s draw.
Colchester United will host League Two strugglers Bradford City while Chelmsford City have a great chance of reaching the Second Round if they can get past Carshalton Athletic in tomorrow night’s home replay.
You may also want to watch:
If successful, they will host the winners of Hendon or Metropolitan Police, both in lower leagues than City.
Cambridge United have also been blessed with a home tie - and a cracking one at that - against League One promotion hopefuls Huddesfield Town.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 5 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 6 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 7 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 8 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 9 Town Transfer Talk: Ten in, but how many more are on the way?
- 10 Woodbridge 'cheese wedge' site goes back up for sale
The First Round games will be played over the weekend of November 6 and 7.