Reserves lose again
Ipswich Town Res 0Coventry City Res 1EVEN the presence of first-team squad members, Dean Bowditch, Matt Richards, Scott Mitchell and Lewis Price could not prevent Ipswich slipping to their second 1-0 defeat in a row against the Sky Blues.
By Derek Davis
Ipswich Town Res 0
Coventry City Res 1
EVEN the presence of first-team squad members, Dean Bowditch, Matt Richards, Scott Mitchell and Lewis Price could not prevent Ipswich slipping to their second 1-0 defeat in a row against the Sky Blues.
You may also want to watch:
Monaco midfielder Jimmy Juan was still struggling with a foot injury picked up at Coventry last week and was unavailable.
Former Blues' striker Craig Reid gave City their second win inside a week over Ipswich, with a well-taken goal.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
City took the lead on the half-hour. with Liam Nicell playing the ball into the area, where Reid turned sharply before dispatching a low diagonal shot past Price from 10 yards.
The injured Pablo Counago was substituted at half-time, with Billy Clarke going wide left.
He pulled the ball back for fellow Irishman Owen Garvan, who almost equalised early in the second half but his shot at full-stretch was taken by the diving keeper Scott Shearer.
Garvan then turned supplier after a good run but Bowditch's 14-yard shot sailed over the bar.
The Blues striker hit a difficult chance over the bar, after meeting a terrific Richards low cross first time on the run.
And Bowditch rattled a post with a terrific curling shot in time added on after cutting inside a defender, following a neat ball from Liam Manning.
Price made a good save to deny former Colchester United loanee Graham Barrett, as City did enough to hold on for their victory over bottom-of-the-table Town.
Ipswich Town Res: Price, Mitchell, Barron (Krause, 73) Manning, Collins, Patten, McDonald, Garvan, Counago, Bowditch and Richards. Subs not used: Flack, Clarke, Sobers, Krause and Supple.
Coventry City Res: Shearer, Hall, Nicell, Pead, Cooney (Barry, 67) Jorgensen (Thornton, 74) Osbourne, Barrett, Reid and Wood. Subs not used: Thornton, Wall, Davis and Tuffey.
Referee: G Evetts.