Rhodes to Rochdale
JORDAN Rhodes has joined Rochdale on a month's loan.The 18-year-old Blues striker has gone straight into Keith Hill's squad for the League Two clash with Rotherham at Spotland tomorrow.
JORDAN Rhodes has joined Rochdale on a month's loan.
The 18-year-old Blues striker has goes straight into Keith Hill's squad for the League Two clash with Rotherham at The Don Valley Stadium tomorrow.
With Jon Stead signing on loan from Sheffield United, and Kevin Lisbie and Pablo Counago also competing up front, Rhodes has been allowed to go out on a short term basis to play games.
You may also want to watch:
Rhodes said: “Chances have been limited at Ipswich during the start to the season with a couple of signings coming in so hopefully I can come here and help improve the team.
“Going to Rochdale will be great for me. I went to Oxford on loan and learned a great deal from it.
- 1 Woman in 20s dies in single car crash on A12 in Suffolk
- 2 Boy, 5, dies after suffering serious head injury at department store
- 3 Suffolk enjoys warehousing boom as more businesses flock to region
- 4 Edmundson ruled out of opener as Cook discusses 'four, five or six' more transfers
- 5 A12 fully reopened after serious crash
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 8 Why Ipswich Town's American owners won't be making first visit for Morecambe clash
- 9 Container ship that blocked Suez Canal due to arrive in Felixstowe
- 10 The Town players who have improved their stock in pre-season
“Obviously Rochdale, with the season they had last year, are a fantastic club better than oxford and it is a great chance for me.”
Rhodes has been prolific for Town at youth and reserve level and netted his Championship goal for Town in their 1-1 home draw with Cardiff City.
Rhodes hopes his all-round game can help Rochdale's promotion push.
He added: “I like to think I can keep the ball, that I can move defences around a bit, have an aerial presence and like to score a goal or two now and then.
“Hopefully I can continue what I have done at reserve and youth level with Ipswich.”