Rhys Barber joins Felixstowe & Walton United
RHYS Barber has signed for Felixstowe & Walton United.
Barber, who spent six seasons at Needham Market, played for the Seasiders in last night’s 2-0 pre-season defeat at Maldon & Tiptree.
The Needham Market captain had played a couple of matches on trial at Bury Town after failing to agree terms with the Bloomfields club, but has now joined the Seasiders.
Felixstowe & Walton United went down to a brace of first-half goals at Park Road last night against a new look Maldon & Tiptree side that have strengthened their squad significantly during the summer.
Liam Jones made an early error as he stretched to punch away a deep cross from the right but ended turning the ball into his own net with just three minutes on the clock.
You may also want to watch:
The home side produced some slick football to stretch the visitors’ defence but they were coping well against the lively pair of Wareham and Wall and as the half progressed they came more into the game with Maldon’s Joe Wright the busier of the two ‘keepers.
The second goal came three minutes from half time as The Seasiders were caught pushing forward in search of an equaliser allowing Maldon to break quickly, the visitors blocked the initial effort from Toner but Wareham following up stabbed the ball home from eight yards.
- 1 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 2 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 3 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 4 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 5 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 6 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
- 7 A14 reopens after serious crash leaves road closed for several hours
- 8 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 9 'It was a clear foul' - Imps boss Appleton angry after Town defeat
- 10 Two cars set alight in two different streets
The second half saw both sides use up their full quota of five substitutes but there were no further goals although the hosts twice cleared off the line each to deny the visitors.