Ribeiro could come back
COLCHESTER United boss Aidy Boothroyd is hoping to extend Christian Ribeiro's loan deal.The Welsh U21 international right-back has managed to play just twice for the U's during the duration of his one-month loan spell from Championship club Bristol City.
COLCHESTER United boss Aidy Boothroyd is hoping to extend Christian Ribeiro's loan deal.
The Welsh U21 international right-back has managed to play just twice for the U's during the duration of his one-month loan spell from Championship club Bristol City.
The 20-year-old impressed on his debut at Gillingham at the end of January, but limped off with a groin strain in the following match against MK Dons and hasn't played again since then.
You may also want to watch:
Ribeiro - who has also played on loan at League One club Stockport this season - saw his temporary switch to Essex expire this week, but Boothroyd has seen enough of the attack-minded defender to bring him back.
“I'm hoping to take Christian back on loan again,” said Boothroyd.
- 1 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-0 win at Lincoln
- 2 Watch Town CEO Ashton wildly celebrate Lincoln win with Town fans
- 3 Cook proud of players after Town hold on for elusive first win
- 4 Suffolk to miss worst of thunderstorms - but heavy downpours still expected
- 5 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 1-0 Lincoln win
- 6 Gangs of 'lampers' use spotlights to distract animals and kill them
- 7 See inside stunning £2m Woodbridge home with 'fantastic leisure complex'
- 8 Flooding leaves main route through town 'impassable'
- 9 Five cars and a horsebox involved in crash near RAF base
- 10 Teenager who lost driving licence receives surprise in post
“He's still not fit enough so we'll have to monitor that, but he's a great character.
“John White is Mr Reliable and you always know what you're going to get with him every week, but at this stage of the season it would be nice to have someone in there to offer that little bit more competition.”