Richards doubtful for Cardiff clash
MATT Richards has emerged as a slight doubt ahead of Ipswich Town's Championship clash with Cardiff City, writes Derek Davis.The defender made his England Under-21 debut against Ukraine on Tuesday and picked up a recurrence of a foot injury in that game.
MATT Richards has emerged as a slight doubt ahead of Ipswich Town's Championship clash with Cardiff City, writes Derek Davis.
The defender made his England Under-21 debut against Ukraine on Tuesday and picked up a recurrence of a foot injury in that game.
The 19-year-old has slight inflammation around a gash, which he initially picked up against Gillingham on the opening day of the season.
If Richards fails to improve sufficiently to play, his place is likely to be taken by Tony Dinning, unless Jason De Vos makes it, in which case Fabian Wilnis will slot in there and Drissa Diallo will stay at right-back. The better news for the Blues is that skipper Jim Magilton has improved dramatically after missing the opening three games of the season and is almost certain to be involved.
You may also want to watch:
The worry for the Irishman is that he has had no match fitness and so may have to settle for a place on the bench to start with, unless Dinning needs to drop back.
Cardiff City manager Lawrence is sweating over the fitness of Alan Lee for tomorrow's clash at Portman Road.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 7 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 8 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
The striker ricked his neck while training with the Republic of Ireland ahead of their friendly against Bulgaria in Dublin.
Lee played no part in the 1-1 draw, Lawrence insisting the player return to Cardiff after picking up the injury.
Fellow striker Peter Thorne, also recovering from a neck problem that has forced him to sit out the first three Championship matches, will miss the Ipswich match.
n Dean Bowditch has been selected for England Under-19s to play the Republic of Ireland on Thursday, September 9.