Ridgeons sides all drawn away in FA Vase
ONLY one game survived the weather in the FA Vase last Saturday with Long Buckby winning at Stotfold, therefore 63 sides were in today’s Fourth Round draw at Wembley Stadium.
Suffolk’s sole survivors, Leiston, were drawn away at Guildford City or Moneyfields, that is of course, if they can dispose of Kent League Hythe Town first on Saturday. Guildford City currently top the Combined Counties League with 14 wins and four draws from their 18 games. Moneyfields, who are based near Portsmouth, are around mid-table in the Sydenham Wessex Premier Division.
Last season’s runners-up Wroxham are also away if they can defeat St Ives Town on Wednesday night. The Yachtsmen will travel to second-placed and unbeaten Poole Town of the Sydenham Wessex Premier Division or Wantage Town who are fourth in the Hellenic Premier Division.
Stanway Rovers will also be on their travels and considerably further than the other two if they can beat current Essex Senior League leaders Stansted on Wednesday night at the Hawthorns. The winners will be away to Plymouth Parkway or Bodmin Town who are second and third respectively in the South West Penninsular League, a league below Stanway.
Elsewhere, Witham Town are also away at Holbrook Sports or St Helens Town if they can see off Lancing. Holders Whitley Bay or AFC Liverpool will be at Herne Bay or Colliers Wood while favourites St Neots Town or Epsom and Ewell are away to Gresley Rovers or Bustlehome.
You may also want to watch:
Ties to take place Saturday, January 22, with �1,200 for the winners.
- 1 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 2 Hospital visits to be suspended due to Covid infection rise
- 3 A14 reopens after one person taken to hospital following crash
- 4 £1million beach village set for approval as part of resort regeneration
- 5 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 6 Where to find the cheapest petrol in Suffolk as prices hit all-time high
- 7 Winners and losers: Hollywood ending, Bersant is back, fans get their wish
- 8 Man indecently exposes himself to dog walker
- 9 Affordable homes project proposed for Suffolk village
- 10 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143