Risager suffers severe injury blow
Rye House 45 Ipswich 34
IPSWICH Witches star Morten Risager was rushed to hospital with a severed finger as ‘Sackers’ Witches lost to Rye House on Monday night at Hoddesdon.
In the second leg of the double header clash, Risager was leading heat seven, but smashed into the fourth bend fence, chest first, damaging one of his fingers badly.
It was a night to forget for the Witches, who lost 45-34, with the meeting abandoned after heat 13, with no medical cover available and the time ticking past 10pm.
Rockets Jason Doyle crashed in heat 13, dislocating his shoulder and it was at that point the meeting concluded, with the home team taking all three points.
You may also want to watch:
Full story in Tuesday’s EADT and Evening Star.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 8 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 10 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300