Risbygate win the men’s indoor county men’s fours competition
- Credit: Archant
Risbygate Bowls Club recently won the men’s indoor county men’s fours competition for the first time since 1981.
They did it in style by beating Ipswich, at Ipswich, no mean feat. The overall score was Risbygate 70, Ipswich 67.
The individual rink scores were: John Haydock, Roger Skillings, Marcus Fuller and Stuart Gaught won 21-11; Matthew Smith, Robin Thomason, Liam Botten and Martin Rumball lost 11-25.
Gerry Caplin, Reg Wallis, Colin Ruddock and Daniel Poole lost 18-19; Mike Bowen, Walter McCann, Terry Harber and David Southgate won 20-12.
The other players who had represented the club in the earlier rounds were: Bruce Prescott, Alan Griffiths, Bernie Millard, Kelvin Morton, Tony Spurling, David Thompson, Keith Shinn, Mark Royal, Ted Mayhew and Alan Blowers.
You may also want to watch:
Captain David Southgate proudly accepted the trophy and, ironically, he played in the previous win in 1981, as did Mike Bowen.
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 3 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 4 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 5 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 6 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move
- 7 Large cannabis farm discovered in property near Suffolk-Essex border
- 8 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 9 Family pays tribute to 'gentle giant' who died in motorbike crash
- 10 'It's powerful' - Harper on Town's use of sports psychology