Roberts and Walters seal Town win
Rushden & Diamonds 1 Ipswich Town 2GARY Roberts and Jon Walters upstaged the three new boys as the Blues fought back to polish off the Diamonds, at Nene Park.
By Derek Davis
Rushden & Diamonds 1 Ipswich Town 2
GARY Roberts and Jon Walters upstaged the three new boys as the Blues fought back to polish off the Diamonds, at Nene Park.
Town went behind to the Blue Square Premier side on 36 minutes when the defence was caught napping.
You may also want to watch:
Lee Tomlin ran on to a ball from skipper Chris Hope and had plenty of time and space to pick his spot past the isolated Shane Supple.
The Ipswich equaliser came ten minutes after break when Gary Roberts played a clever ball for Jon Walters who took it on his chest before beating the keeper.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 3 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 defeat at Northampton Town
- 4 Have you seen this Suffolk pub’s new outdoor kitchen and bar?
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 7 'Loving and devoted' - Family pay tribute to mother-of-five found in park
- 8 Grandfather-of-two 'died with dignity' in hospice while serving life sentence
- 9 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 10 'We've got to be better - myself included' - Cook on 3-0 loss at Northampton Town
Pablo Counago made his bow on the hour and took just six minutes to make an impression when he played a super ball into the area, which resulted in Roberts finishing from 16 yards.
The travelling 271 Town fans once again welcomed a 'new' boy when Tommy Miller was the third of the recent signing to be introduced in the 66th minute, while keeper Neil Alexander had replaced Shane Supple at half-time.