'Robinho replacement' has �36m tag
MANCHESTER City will have to fork out an eye-watering �36m if they want to sign Argentine wing wizard Angel Di Maria in January.The 21-year old left-sided midfielder has been in scintillating form for Portuguese club Benfica this season.
MANCHESTER City will have to fork out an eye-watering �36m if they want to sign Argentine wing wizard Angel Di Maria in January.
The 21-year old left-sided midfielder has been in scintillating form for Portuguese club Benfica this season.
And with it looking increasingly likely that an unhappy Robinho will be leaving Eastlands for Barcelona in the next transfer window, Di Maria would seem the perfect replacement.
However, they would have to break the bank for the rising star after he signed a contract extension last month, until June 2015, which included a �36million escape clause.
You may also want to watch:
Di Maria - who has received lavish praise from Argentine manager Diego Maradona - has been watched on three occasions by Chelsea scouts in recent weeks.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 3 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 4 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 5 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 6 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers
- 7 Asda and Amazon urgently recall items due to safety concerns
- 8 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 9 Kieron Dyer in hospital undergoing tests
- 10 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds