Robinsons 3 Ipswich 4
Slazenger Men's EHL South Division - Robinsons 3 Ipswich 4SUNDAY brought the second Slazenger EHL South Division fixture of the weekend - this time against Robinsons, a team newly promoted to the national league.
Slazenger Men's EHL South Division - Robinsons 3 Ipswich 4
SUNDAY brought the second Slazenger EHL South Division fixture of the weekend - this time against Robinsons, a team newly promoted to the national league. After a very encouraging start to the season for Ipswich, results had begun to slip and it was vital to keep good progress on track with a win here.
The team was bolstered by the arrival of Royce Waters who rejoined the team at right back in the place of Mickey Franklin. Waters provided valuable coaching advice as Iain Gall was forced to leave to fulfil his coaching commitments with the East Under 15s.
Ipswich began strongly and sustained pressure led to an early goal from Ben Gallagher. Robinsons equalized to level the scores at the break but then just after the interval Will Hearne gave Ipswich the lead again before the home side equalized with a very lucky goal. Goals from Mark Wheelhouse and another from Gallagher then put Ipswich into a commanding lead. Robinsons made it 4-3 with a minute to go but they never looked like snatching a point.
You may also want to watch:
Next Sunday sees Ipswich play their fifth away game out of their first six matches down at Holcombe - where former England man Dave Mathews has scored 11 goals so far this season.
- 1 Man left with serious burns after fire at Hadleigh petrol station
- 2 Community thanked for helping seriously burned man at Hadleigh petrol station
- 3 Matchday Recap: Town beaten yet again as Blues flop at Northampton
- 4 George Burley: Ipswich fans' dreams would have been shattered by a European Super League
- 5 DHL driver apologises after 'dangerous' driving in Ipswich rat-run
- 6 Rose-tinted reaction to Duke's death was so out of proportion
- 7 Commuter faces full trains on line from East Anglia to London
- 8 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 9 Town's new owners to discuss player recruitment with Cook this week
- 10 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots