Rohan goes to No.1 and he’s relishing the challenge to take the Witches all the way as the season hots up at Foxhall
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Ipswich Witches’ Aussie star Rohan Tungate is the club’s new No.1 rider.
The Kurri-Kurri born racer takes over from Richie Worrall when the new averages come into force next week – Tungate’s average having increased by almost a point in August after a string of fine returns.
Tonight the Witches are at home to Sheffield at Foxhall Stadium (7.30pm start), in the Premier League but – with it still being August – Worrall remains at No.1 for now.
However, getting the No.1 jacket next week is something that Tungate is proud of, and comes as his season is settling down nicely.
“It was always my aim to be the Ipswich No.1 at some time during this season,” Tungate said.
You may also want to watch:
“I’m really proud and just want to keep it going. I’ve had a few issues off-track this season but they are all behind me now and I feel so much more relaxed. It’s just great.
“Now it is a case of just staying focused.”
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town well beaten as Millwall win feisty friendly
- 2 Woman, 29, dies in crash with construction digger near A12
- 3 Air ambulance called as tree falls on partygoers
- 4 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 5 Man jailed after dangerous dogs mauled sheep to death
- 7 Biker injured in crash with car in south Suffolk
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Millwall 3: Town are well tamed by Lions
- 9 Andy's Angles: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 3-0 loss to Millwall
- 10 Warnock and Dijon boss give updates on Town targets Coulson and Celina
Tungate is certainly one of the fastest-starters in the Witches camp and he and his team-mates completed a quick-fire double over the Tigers on Saturday night, after beating them convincingly at Owlerton on Thursday.
The Witches remain third in the Premier League table and have guaranteed themselves a play-off spot.
“We were really good at Sheffield,” Tungate said.
“All the boys did their job and we were all on it from the start.”
“Bearing in mind it’s not a track we go to often – it was only my third visit – it was a great performance.”