Ronnie Winn breaks Maldon & Tiptree’s hearts in the Ryman North play-offs
- Credit: cont
Maldon & Tiptree lost 1-0 in the Ryman North Division play-off final this afternoon.
Ronnie Winn broke The Jammers’ hearts with a 78th-minute winner for Thurrock, who will now play Ryman Premier Division football next season.
Kevin Horlock’s men, who defeated Thurrock 4-0 at home earlier in the season, were left gutted, in front of a Park Drive crowd of 719, at the final whistle.
Sadly for the Jammers, it just wasn’t their day, following their unbelievable 5-4 semi-final victory over Haringey Borough at the same location just four days previously.
Curtis Haynes-Brown had to be alert to clear off the line for Maldon & Tiptree after just five minutes, with both sides showing nerve in the opening period.
You may also want to watch:
The Jammers started the second half strongly, with Matt Lock almost forcing Horlock’s men in front.
But there was to be a sucker punch when Winn smashed home at the far post, with 12 minutes left, from a swift counter attack.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 3 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 Superstitious nonsense or serious business? - Change on the way as Ipswich Town play the numbers game
- 6 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 7 Man arrested on suspicion of murdering Victoria Hall
- 8 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 9 Suffolk sprinter opens her 'dream' cafe at age of 25
- 10 Town's first game of the season will be all-ticket
Maldon were unable to find a reply as they look to go again next season.