Rookery to face Stowmarket in final
ROOKERY Park will meet Stowmarket in the final of the Parks Trophy, the Suffolk Golf Union seniors' inter-club knockout, at Thorpeness on September 6.Both semi-finals were closely contested.
By Tony Garnett
ROOKERY Park will meet Stowmarket in the final of the Parks Trophy, the Suffolk Golf Union seniors' inter-club knockout, at Thorpeness on September 6.
Both semi-finals were closely contested. St Audry's and Stowmarket were level as the pairs went through the ninth. In the end Stowmarket won through by three holes after many an anxious moment.
Flempton won two of their four matches against Rookery Park but the overall score ended in favour of the side from Lowestoft.
You may also want to watch:
Mike Rees was struggling with a sore back in the Rookery Park top pair, but all appeared to be going well when he and David Porter were three up with five to play. Flempton had other ideas, Charlie Reed and Brian Field won the final five holes.
Both matches were played in an excellent spirit.
- 1 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 2 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies
- 5 13 Fire engines attend blaze at sugar beet factory
- 6 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 7 Five floating restaurants to visit in Suffolk
- 8 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 9 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
Parks Trophy semi-final scores
Stowmarket beat St Audry's by three holes at Rushmere.
Stowmarket names first.
Russell Green and Bob Osborne lost to Ashley Keeble and Tony Ramsey by three holes.
Keith Rooney and Roger Taylor beat Peter King and Dennis Driver by four holes.
John Blenkinsop and Tom Collett halved with David Leech and Gerry Ablett.
Gerry Sparling and David Barnes beat John Richardson and Michael Watkins by two holes.
Rookery Park beat Flempton by four holes at Woodbridge.
Rookery Park names first.
Mike Rees and David Porter lost to Charlie Reed and Brian Field by two holes.
Ralph Flatt and Ken Sansom beat George Hazell and Brian Hughes by five holes.
Chris Lay and Roy Newton lost to John Haydock and Richard Thornally by one hole.
Charlie Wilderspin and John Knight beat Ian Brewster and Colin Hawes by two holes.