Rotherham boss disappointed that Moore ‘lost his temper’
- Credit: Archant
Rotherham United boss Paul Warne says he is disappointed in Ipswich Town loanee Kieffer Moore for losing his temper in a red card incident last weekend.
Striker Moore has become the darling of Millers fans after scoring 13 goals in League One, but left his manager fuming after punching Bristol Rovers’ Lee Brown off-the-ball in a 2-1 defeat at Bristol Rovers.
The 25-year-old was dismissed in the 79th minute and Rotherham, in the play-off places just a few weeks ago, suffered their third successive loss to slip to 13th in the table.
Moore will now be banned for three matches, meaning he potentially has only two outings left in a Millers shirt before Town can recall him at the start of the new year.
“I’m obviously not cock-a-hoop about Kieffer’s sending-off,” said Warne. “I’ve spoken to him and the same with Michael (Ihiekwe, who made a defensive error). They’ve both apologised, but an apology isn’t going to help me out at the moment, is it?”
You may also want to watch:
“He (Moore) is a young lad still learning the game, but it’s disappointing he’s lost his temper in that way. He’ll be punished.
“I am disappointed in him. He’s hugely embarrassed about what he did. I’m not saying I never got sent off for doing something similar. I’m not saying I have any sympathy for him either. It’s a big blow.”
- 1 'It's gone crazy' - Boss of Town's promotion rivals on League One spending
- 2 Warning of 'severe' flooding in west Suffolk
- 3 Town in talks to sign Barnsley forward Chaplin
- 4 Mapped: Check the Covid rate in your Suffolk neighbourhood
- 5 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 6 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 7 Ipswich Town closing in on deal to sign Rangers defender Edmundson
- 8 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 9 Ipswich target Jacobs on his Town talks and chances of a Portman Road move
- 10 Hadleigh dad fights to reverse diabetes diagnosis