Rotherham boss disappointed that Moore ‘lost his temper’
- Credit: Archant
Rotherham United boss Paul Warne says he is disappointed in Ipswich Town loanee Kieffer Moore for losing his temper in a red card incident last weekend.
Striker Moore has become the darling of Millers fans after scoring 13 goals in League One, but left his manager fuming after punching Bristol Rovers’ Lee Brown off-the-ball in a 2-1 defeat at Bristol Rovers.
The 25-year-old was dismissed in the 79th minute and Rotherham, in the play-off places just a few weeks ago, suffered their third successive loss to slip to 13th in the table.
Moore will now be banned for three matches, meaning he potentially has only two outings left in a Millers shirt before Town can recall him at the start of the new year.
“I’m obviously not cock-a-hoop about Kieffer’s sending-off,” said Warne. “I’ve spoken to him and the same with Michael (Ihiekwe, who made a defensive error). They’ve both apologised, but an apology isn’t going to help me out at the moment, is it?”
You may also want to watch:
“He (Moore) is a young lad still learning the game, but it’s disappointing he’s lost his temper in that way. He’ll be punished.
“I am disappointed in him. He’s hugely embarrassed about what he did. I’m not saying I never got sent off for doing something similar. I’m not saying I have any sympathy for him either. It’s a big blow.”
- 1 Red flooding alert issued for Suffolk coastal town
- 2 Suffolk coast flood alert issued including Felixstowe and Ipswich
- 3 'Striking' Suffolk eco home featured on Grand Designs up for sale
- 4 Two Suffolk homes 30 miles apart struck by lightning
- 5 Additional measures including face masks to be reintroduced to Suffolk schools
- 6 Ipswich Town transfer rumour: Villa set to recall Barry in January
- 7 'We were shamed'... Pompey boss Cowley offers no excuses
- 8 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 9 A14 roundabout lanes remain closed as burst water main repaired
- 10 Mike Bacon: Starting to walk the walk, I'm liking the way we move