Matchday Recap: The story of the game as the Millers snatch it late
- Credit: Pagepix Ltd
Ipswich Town head to Rotherham this afternoon for their first away game of the Championship season (3pm).
Kayden Jackson, Toto Nsiala and Jon Nolan could all make their debuts this afternoon as the Blues travel to the New York Stadium.
The game also sees manager Paul Hurst return to the club he played more than 500 games for, while his Shrewsbury side also lost to the Millers in last season’s League One play-off final.
Hurst said: “Rotherham are very close to my heart having spent almost all of my playing career there,” he said. “I was pleased for the club it moved on, unfortunately I wasn’t there to play at the new stadium and I’ve only been there a couple of times.
“But my recent memory wasn’t a good one, losing out to them at Wembley, but I’m pleased for them as a football club and pleased for the lads that are there, Paul Warne, Richard Barker, Matt Hamshaw, Mike Pollitt, I played with three of them at Rotherham.
You may also want to watch:
“They’re very good lads and it would be nice to see them on Saturday, but hopefully it might be my turn to be smiling at the end of the game.”
- 1 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
- 2 Engineers repair water main which flooded A14 roundabout
- 3 Matchday Recap: Blues cruise to victory at Fratton Park
- 4 The Suffolk pub serving a gourmet Sunday lunch three days a week
- 5 Portsmouth 0-4 Ipswich Town: Blues deliver Cook's biggest win as boss
- 6 'Our most complete performance of the season' - Cook on 4-0 win at Portsmouth
- 7 Framlingham taxi driver lives double life as Chateau Diaries star
- 8 Former Suffolk school leaders found guilty of professional misconduct
- 9 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 4-0 win at Pompey
- 10 Thunderstorm warning issued in Suffolk as heavy rain forecast