What a move and what a strike! – Watch Danny Rowe finish off a spectacular move for Town’s Under-23s
- Credit: Archant
Danny Rowe produced a stunning volleyed finish at he end of a 16-pass move to set Ipswich Town on their way to a 2-0 win against Birmingham City in an Under-23 game at Portman Road last night.
Rowe then produced the assist as Kai Brown converted a low cross late on to seal victory and extend an unbeaten start to the campaign for Gerard Nash’s men.
Barry Cotter, Myles Kenlock, Flynn Downes, Andre Dozzell and Jordan Roberts – all players with first team experience – started the match, though Downes limped off with a muscle injury five minutes before the break.
Winger Rowe has been restricted to just three starts and six substitute appearances for the Blues’ first team since arriving from National League side Macclesfield Town for a £100k fee in January 2017.
The 26-year-old, who new boss Paul Hurst admired during his time as Grimsby Town boss, spent the second half of last season on loan at League Two side Lincoln City before suffering an ankle injury in April that required surgery.
You may also want to watch:
He stepped off the bench in Town’s Carabao Cup exit at Exeter City last month and then scored a hat-trick as the U23s thrashed Hull City 8-0 at Portman Road.
Town U23s: Wright; Cotter, Marshall, Ndaba, Kenlock; Rowe, Downes (McGavin 40), Dozzell, McLoughlin; Lankester (K Brown 78), Roberts. Unused: Ware, Z Brown, Clements.
- 1 Photos of suspected stolen dogs released in bid to find owners
- 2 Theft of historic Royal Mail post boxes 'a worrying trend'
- 3 'We can look forward to the transfer window' - Cook on summer plans
- 4 Retailer to pay £60K after multiple food hygiene breaches in Sudbury store
- 5 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 6 Dog walker in his 60s assaulted at Stour Valley beauty spot
- 7 New survey reveals Suffolk's property hotspots
- 8 Plans for new KFC and Starbucks refused
- 9 Large scratches left on cars all parked on same road overnight
- 10 Man in hospital with head injury after late night assault