Rugby: Bury St Eds U11 0, Sudbury U11 30
This invitation match was played after Bury's 1st IV played Ruislip 1st IV at The Haberden.The last time these two teams met Bury beat Sudbury by a try to nil.
Bury St Edmunds U11s 0, Sudbury U11 30
This invitation match was played after Bury's 1st IV played Ruislip 1st IV at The Haberden.
The last time these two teams met Bury beat Sudbury by a try to nil. Sudbury looked rusty to start as Bury caught their own kick-off and seemed intent on getting things off to a flying start but, unfortunately, a knock-on stopped them.
Sudbury haven't had much of a chance to play since Christmas because of the bad weather.
You may also want to watch:
Sudbury's scrum was too strong for Bury, Boydell at scrum-half picked up and passed to Rust who capitalised on big blind side and darted through to open the scoring. There were some good passages of play from both sides but neither could break through the defence.
Sudbury kicked off the second half and put pressure on Bury, forcing them close to their line. Sudbury boys turned the ball over and soon found themselves on the Bury line. Moss picked up and crashed over to score his first.
- 1 A12 reopens after serious collision
- 3 Swimmers report sickness symptoms after dip in Suffolk river
- 4 Haverhill firm goes into liquidation with just £2.42 in the bank
- 5 Family 'devastated' after elderly man's Reliant Robin tipped over
- 6 Suffolk pub reopens with exclusive Champagne carvery
- 7 Olly Murs in hospital after leg injury from Newmarket Nights gig
- 8 Our Ipswich Town predictions: Top scorer, best player, where they'll finish and more
- 10 Man who built outbuildings and lake without permission fined £1,300
Bury kicked off, Ponty caught the ball and soon found himself swamped by Bury forwards. Sudbury's pack in support, the ball came out to Rust who kicked for territory. Lewis had the luck of the bounce picked the ball up and crossed the line. Moss scored next thanks to some good straight running from Sudbury's backs to put him in the right position.
Lewis crossed the line once more; Wardrop crashed through the defence form a well worked and rehearsed set-piece from a line-out.
Well done to both teams on a great display of rugby. If you are aged over six and would like to play rugby please go to www.sudburyrfc.com for more contact details.