Running: Joggers take on Bentley run
SIX Sudbury Joggers made the short journey to Great Bentley on Sunday for its annual half-marathon. The course is mainly flat, and the good conditions made for some excellent times.
SIX Sudbury Joggers made the short journey to Great Bentley on Sunday for its annual half-marathon.
The course is mainly flat, and the good conditions made for some excellent times.
Tom Cresswell improved his time by almost 3 minutes finishing 64th in 1:23:19.
Marie Shirley again set a new club record, her third in as many races, knocking over two and a half minutes from the previous club record time, with 1:26:04 in 92nd.
Lizzie Sandford greatly improved on her time from last year finishing 246th in 1:36:52, closely followed by training partner Fiona Mumford in her debut half in a brilliant 1:37:55 and 260th position.
Robert Shaw was next Jogger home in 598th with 1:57:51. Jenny Standley completed the club representation in 2:00:29 and 646th position.
- 1 'Calm, graceful and kind': Tributes paid to martial arts world champion
- 2 Police cordon off Stowmarket dentist after break-in
- 3 More than 20 drivers caught at speeds of 100mph on A14 within an hour
- 4 Dedicated daughter steps up after tragic death of 'amazing' mum Heidi
- 5 Watch: Celina's wonder goal against Crewe
- 6 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-1 win against Crewe
- 7 Truck overturns on wet, slippery road near Stowmarket
- 8 5 roadworks for Suffolk motorists to plan their journeys around this week
- 9 Fire breaks out at British Sugar Factory
- 10 Snow falls in Suffolk overnight as cold snap set to continue
Sudbury Joggers meet on Wednesday evenings at Sudbury Sports Centre at 7:30pm, for more club information see www.sudburyjoggers.org.uk