Running: Joggers take on Bentley run
SIX Sudbury Joggers made the short journey to Great Bentley on Sunday for its annual half-marathon. The course is mainly flat, and the good conditions made for some excellent times.
SIX Sudbury Joggers made the short journey to Great Bentley on Sunday for its annual half-marathon.
The course is mainly flat, and the good conditions made for some excellent times.
Tom Cresswell improved his time by almost 3 minutes finishing 64th in 1:23:19.
Marie Shirley again set a new club record, her third in as many races, knocking over two and a half minutes from the previous club record time, with 1:26:04 in 92nd.
You may also want to watch:
Lizzie Sandford greatly improved on her time from last year finishing 246th in 1:36:52, closely followed by training partner Fiona Mumford in her debut half in a brilliant 1:37:55 and 260th position.
Robert Shaw was next Jogger home in 598th with 1:57:51. Jenny Standley completed the club representation in 2:00:29 and 646th position.
- 1 Murder-suicide probe after couple found dead in Woodbridge
- 2 National Trust 'deeply saddened' at death of volunteers in Woodbridge incident
- 4 Woman arrested on suspicion of drink-driving following A14 crash
- 5 'You either deliver or you leave' - Cook's message to Town players
- 6 Paul Cook speaks about Ipswich Town takeover for first time
- 7 Woman found dead in country park is named
- 8 The first five jobs for Ipswich Town's new owners
- 9 Woodbridge community 'saddened' after couple found dead by police
- 10 Woman dies after car collides with tree in Leiston
Sudbury Joggers meet on Wednesday evenings at Sudbury Sports Centre at 7:30pm, for more club information see www.sudburyjoggers.org.uk