Running: Sudbury joggers latest
Seven Sudbury Joggers took part in a Track 5km race in Ipswich on Monday evening, with six of these returning with personal best times.Marie Shirley was the sole Sudbury lady running, but she more than made up for this by winning her race with a great solo effort in 19:23, near to a minute quicker than her previous time.
Seven Sudbury Joggers took part in a Track 5km race in Ipswich on Monday evening, with six of these returning with personal best times.
Marie Shirley was the sole Sudbury lady running, but she more than made up for this by winning her race with a great solo effort in 19:23, near to a minute quicker than her previous time.
In the mens events, Tom Cresswell bettered his time with 17:20, Paul Preston ran 17:49.
Andy Taczynski beat the time he only set earlier this month with 20:13, whilst Barry Curtis showed great improvement in 21:13. Alex Wilson also beat his best time with 21:40, and Jonathan Price completed the mens turnout with his fastest ever run in 22:48.
You may also want to watch:
On Saturday, two Joggers completed the Harwich Sprint Triathlon.
Amanda Henry was first Vet35 and also awarded first Novice in her combined time of 1:16:14. Meanwhile, Fiona Mumford competing in her debut Triathlon finished the event in a very respectable 1:28:53.
- 1 The places with the highest and lowest levels of Covid in Suffolk
- 2 Stu says: Six observations following Town's 2-2 draw at Cambridge
- 3 2,000 patients visit A&E because they are feeling depressed
- 4 Four men arrested after man dies at Felixstowe lorry park
- 5 Town get home draw in FA Cup First Round as ex-Blues head to Sudbury
- 6 Jailed in Suffolk: J Block gang members and man who attacked train station staff
- 7 New fishmonger shop opens in Suffolk market town
- 8 'There's something missing in this team' - Town fans on draw at Cambridge
- 9 US jets to practice flypast over Suffolk this morning
- 10 Detective who trained generation of officers retires after 45 years
Next Wednesday, 1st July, is the club 5 mile race based from AFC Sudbury Football Club. Places are still available for the main race, and also the 1km and 2km Junior runs. For more details, and entry options , see the club website www.sudburyjoggers.org.uk