Ryan Crisp grabs late winner for Leiston
Leiston recorded their second win in three games thanks to Ryan Crisp’s late winner.
Substitute Crisp had only been on the field four minutes when he glanced home Gareth Heath’s 75th minute free kick for his first Ryman Premier goal and with it Leiston’s first away win of the season. Leiston started brightly but as the game wore on the home side became more adventurous and only a smart goal line clearance from Jefford denied Owusu. After Barrett was denied by an offside flag when clean through, Tann headed Heath’s corner straight at McEntergart.
But the first half closed with Athletic in charge and after Pidgen whistled a shot just wide Butterworth thought he had opened the scoring but his effort was disallowed.
On the stroke of half time Phillips pushed a Hollingsworth header over the top.
Early in the second half Odanetey really should have put the hosts ahead but after skipping past Tann he shot weakly at Phillips.
You may also want to watch:
A fine saving tackle from debutant Dugdale denied Owusu a clear sight of goal as Carshalton sensed a goal.
As the game became scrappy Leiston scored what turned out to be the winner as Crisp got between defenders to glance home Heath’s free kick for his first league goal of the season.
- 1 A12 closed following serious collision
- 2 Why have ITFC's American owners issued £18m of new shares?
- 3 Man taken to hospital after 40ft container drops on lorry cab
- 4 A blow for Cook as trusted assistant Richardson gets full-time Wigan job
- 5 Car SOS to feature family who lost father and son
- 6 Husband pays tribute to 'soulmate' and mum-of-four after cancer death
- 7 'Nothing surprises me anymore' - Judge on Town departure
- 8 Former Town defender could be in the frame to become Cook's No.2 after Richardson blow
- 9 French pop-up restaurant owner unveils new seaside hotel plan
- 10 31 miserable stats which sum up a largely miserable Ipswich Town season