Ryan Dickson chooses Crawley Town ahead of Colchester United
Ryan Dickson, having rejected the offer of a new contract at Colchester United, has joined League One rivals Crawley Town instead.
Dickson arrived at the Weston Homes Community Stadium last summer, on a one-year deal, although his solitary season with the U’s was at times dogged by illness.
The ex-Southampton left-back began the season well, before being struck down with a mystery virus. Everton loanee Luke Garbutt was recruited, and impressed during his stay from Goodison Park.
Following Garbutt’s departure (recalled by Everton), Dickson returned to play a key role in keeping the U’s in League One during the last few months of the season.
But the 27-year-old has decided to move on again this summer, signing a two-year contract with Crawley this afternoon.
You may also want to watch:
Dickson told the Red Devils’ official website: “I know this league well and I definitely feel the club is capable of challenging for the play-offs next season.
“It’s a really exciting new challenge for me and I can’t wait for it to start.”
- 1 Tankers on their way to Suffolk as the government unveils action plan
- 2 More Suffolk petrol stations closed as PM plans action
- 3 The 72 postcode areas where Covid infection rates are rising
- 4 Lorry drivers being offered up to £60,000 and other bonuses as shortage bites
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich's 1-1 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
- 6 Blaze spreads from classic car to bungalow next door
- 7 Explained: What is causing the long queues at petrol stations?
- 8 'Poor' infection control at care home sees used Covid test swab left in pile of clean PPE
- 9 Family of hairdresser, 17, who died in her sleep 'overwhelmed' by tributes
- 10 Two arrested after man dies in crash