Ryan Inniss will miss Colchester United’s trip to Swindon
- Credit: Richard Blaxall / Pagepix
Influential centre-half, Ryan Inniss, will definitely miss Colchester United’s big game at play-off rivals Swindon Town on Friday evening.
In fact, lynch-pin Inniss could be out for most of the Christmas period with a niggling shoulder injury which he picked up early in the second half of last weekend’s 3-1 home win over fourth-placed Exeter.
U’s boss John McGreal therefore has a tough selection problem, ahead of the trip to Wiltshire.
Inniss had been a vital member of a three-man defence, and McGreal might be loathe to change that defensive formation, which could even see wing-back Ryan Jackson switching to centre-half against Swindon.
“Ryan (Inniss) will probably be out for a couple of weeks,” revealed McGreal.
“He has been a big player for us, but he might now be out for a few weeks, though hopefully he will be back before the new year. It’s not the same injury he had previously,” added McGreal.
- 1 Matchday Recap: McGreal's Town beaten at The Valley
- 2 'Emotions are high' - McGreal on ugly scenes following Charlton loss
- 3 First case of Omicron confirmed in Suffolk with 16 more suspected
- 4 Fallen trees block Suffolk roads as Storm Barra batters region
- 5 Karaoke noise complaints prompts fear Grade II pub could close
- 6 Trio jailed as travellers' site shooting described as 'like a movie scene'
- 7 'Selection is down to the manager' - Town CEO Ashton on Norwood's absence
- 8 Charlton boss Jackson on Bonne's 'point to prove', Addicks' interest in Pigott and Cook's sacking
- 9 Pub transformed into 'breathtaking' family home for sale for almost £1m
- 10 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk ahead of Storm Barra's arrival