Ryan Inniss will miss Colchester United’s trip to Swindon
- Credit: Richard Blaxall / Pagepix
Influential centre-half, Ryan Inniss, will definitely miss Colchester United’s big game at play-off rivals Swindon Town on Friday evening.
In fact, lynch-pin Inniss could be out for most of the Christmas period with a niggling shoulder injury which he picked up early in the second half of last weekend’s 3-1 home win over fourth-placed Exeter.
U’s boss John McGreal therefore has a tough selection problem, ahead of the trip to Wiltshire.
Inniss had been a vital member of a three-man defence, and McGreal might be loathe to change that defensive formation, which could even see wing-back Ryan Jackson switching to centre-half against Swindon.
“Ryan (Inniss) will probably be out for a couple of weeks,” revealed McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
“He has been a big player for us, but he might now be out for a few weeks, though hopefully he will be back before the new year. It’s not the same injury he had previously,” added McGreal.
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 4 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 5 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 6 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 7 Town complete Chaplin deal as Barnsley forward becomes signing No.10
- 8 'The people of West Suffolk deserve better': Vote of no confidence for Hancock
- 9 Colchester United 3 Ipswich Town 3: Burns' late strike levels it for Town
- 10 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship