Defender signs new deal at Colchester United
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United’s reliable right-back, Ryan Jackson, has signed a new two-year contract with the Leaue Two club.
The experienced Jackson was a mainstay of the U’s starting line-up, during his first season at the Weston Homes Community Stadium following his arrival from Gillingham last summer.
Jackson was signed as a replacement for Richard Brindley, who had moved on to Barnet – the Bees were relegated to the National League at the end of this current campaign, despite Brindley scoring in a final day win over Chesterfield.
In all, Jackson made 45 first-team appearances for the U’s last term, missing only four league games. He was the regular right-back, with Kane Vincent-Young employed as a left-back.
The 27-year-old’s new two-year deal will commence on July 1, and will go through to the summer of 2020.
You may also want to watch:
Jackson said: “You never want things dragging on while you’re away on holiday in the summer, so it’s great we were able to get it done this soon after the end of the season.
“I can now enjoy the summer and then come back fully ready for the challenge of the new season.”
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 3 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 4 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 5 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 6 Driver arrested after 12-year-old boy 'seriously injured' in crash
- 7 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 8 'Has to go' - Town fans on Chambers' future, play-off hopes and who they want to see play
- 9 Plans to build bungalow in pub garden refused after number of objections
- 10 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well