Defender signs new deal at Colchester United
- Credit: Picture: Steve Waller
Colchester United’s reliable right-back, Ryan Jackson, has signed a new two-year contract with the Leaue Two club.
The experienced Jackson was a mainstay of the U’s starting line-up, during his first season at the Weston Homes Community Stadium following his arrival from Gillingham last summer.
Jackson was signed as a replacement for Richard Brindley, who had moved on to Barnet – the Bees were relegated to the National League at the end of this current campaign, despite Brindley scoring in a final day win over Chesterfield.
In all, Jackson made 45 first-team appearances for the U’s last term, missing only four league games. He was the regular right-back, with Kane Vincent-Young employed as a left-back.
The 27-year-old’s new two-year deal will commence on July 1, and will go through to the summer of 2020.
Jackson said: “You never want things dragging on while you’re away on holiday in the summer, so it’s great we were able to get it done this soon after the end of the season.
“I can now enjoy the summer and then come back fully ready for the challenge of the new season.”
- 1 World War Two-themed holiday accommodation plans at former airfield
- 2 Matchday Live: Chaplin wins it as Town claim three points
- 3 9 forgotten pubs that were at the heart of their Suffolk towns
- 4 Thatch roof of cottage 'fully alight' in village near Needham Market
- 5 McKenna hoping Portman Road routine changes can help 'find an edge'
- 6 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in Stanley win
- 7 Police arrest driver after single car crash
- 8 Police called to anti-vaccine demonstration at Suffolk pharmacy
- 9 'It's an important win' - McKenna on 2-1 victory against Accrington
- 10 Appeal to find 33-year-old missing man