Ryan signs new two-year contract
ESSEX all-rounder Ryan ten Doeschate has signed a two-year contract extension up until the end of the 2010 season.The 27-year-old, who was already committed to the County up to 2008, has now established himself as an integral member of the Essex team in all forms of the game.
ESSEX all-rounder Ryan ten Doeschate has signed a two-year contract extension up until the end of the 2010 season.
The 27-year-old, who was already committed to the County up to 2008, has now established himself as an integral member of the Essex team in all forms of the game.
Ten Doeschate enjoyed his best year with the bat to date in the Championship in 2007, scoring 845 runs @ 42.25 including three centuries.
In addition, the Netherlands international achieved best one-day bowling figures (5-50 against Gloucestershire Gladiators in the Friends Provident Trophy) and best one-day league bowling (3-28 against Gloucestershire Gladiators in the NatWest Pro40).
You may also want to watch:
Doeschate said: “I'm happy to sign this contract because it shows Essex still want me and I'm part of their long-term plans.
“Now my sights are set on improving once more in 2008. My first goal is to work on my bowling - which I know I've said before but I believe I can still make progress with it - so that I can aim to score 1000 Championship runs and take 20 Championship wickets next season.”
- 1 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 2 Man in his 50s dies after head-on collision on A143
- 3 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 4 Ambulance service apologises after woman left lying on Cornhill for 2 hours
- 5 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 6 'One of the favourites for the division' - Fleetwood boss Grayson on Town
- 7 Business units set to be converted into new seafront flats
- 8 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 9 'Kind and gentle' retired Ipswich Hospital orthopaedic consultant dies