Ryan Tunnicliffe to Fulham links wide of the mark
Ipswich Town loanee Ryan Tunnicliffe is not heading to Premier League side Fulham ahead of tomorrow transfer deadline, the EADT and Ipswich Star understands
The Manchester United midfielder – who has started all but two of the last 26 games for the Blues – has hit the best form of his season-long loan spell recently, starring in the 2-0 home win over Reading and 1-1 draw at Leeds.
It’s led to reports emerging today that Fulham, managed by former Manchester United coach René Meulensteen, may swoop for the 21-year-old. Fellow Manchester United youngsters Larnell Cole has also been linked.
However, a source close to the west London club told the EADT and Ipswich Star: “It’s just people putting two-and-two together and coming up with five due to René’s Manchester United background. Signing players for the future will come in time, but right now it’s all about avoiding relegation.”
Blues boss Mick McCarthy has one of the smallest squads in the Championship, having used the joint-fewest players (24) this season.
He bolstered his defensive ranks with the loan addition of 31-year-old right-back Frazer Richardson last week and admitted that another fresh face would help lift his squad.
Having been restricted to nominal fees, Bosman deals, free agents, swaps and loans during his 15 months in charge at Portman Road, McCarthy – whose side are four points adrift of the play-off places – has admitted that owner Marcus Evans will not be handing him any money for transfer fees this month,
He is still keen on adding a fresh face to his squad though and it’s understood that the Blues boss had a loan offer for Wolves and Republic of Ireland striker Kevin Doyle rejected this week.
You may also want to watch:
It’s been reported today that a loan offer has been made for 30-year-old Leeds and Republic of Ireland midfielder Paul Green, while it’s understood that two of McCarthy’s former Wolves midfielders – Emmanuel Frimpong (Arsenal) and Jamie O’Hara (still at Wolves) – are on a lengthy list of players being considered.
- 1 Derelict Suffolk railway crossing cottage up for auction
- 2 A14 reopens after HGV crashes into central reservation
- 3 Channel 4 documentary to be filmed at Suffolk pub
- 4 West Suffolk restaurant named among best in the country
- 5 East Suffolk village garage to be rebuilt as part of homes plan
- 6 Donacien's 'feeling the love' after returning from the Ipswich Town shadows
- 7 'Like a horror film' - Friends left terrified after being followed in woods
- 8 'I'm just gobsmacked': east Suffolk pub receives £96,000 grant in Budget
- 9 Woman taken to hospital following three-car crash near Bury St Edmunds
- 10 Map reveals raw sewage overflow into Suffolk rivers