Ryman League fixtures previews
- Credit: Lucy Taylor
In the Ryman Premier Division, Leiston will hope to continue their unbeaten start to the season, as they travel to Merstham today.
The Blues won 2-1 against Kingstonian on the opening weekend, but drew 1-1 at Canvey Island on Tuesday. Merstham have lost both of their games so far this campaign.
In Ryman North, AFC Sudbury are sitting pretty at the top of the table after winning both their opening fixtures, 5-2 against Romford, and 1-0 away at Dereham Town. Today they are on the road at Cheshunt.
Bury Town have made a good start to the season after suffering relegation last time round, taking four points from their first two games. The Rams thrashed Aveley 5-1 last weekend, and backed that up with a 2-2 draw at Brightlingsea Regent during the week, and they go to Barkingside today.
Meanwhile, Brightlingsea host Redbridge after that draw with Bury, which followed a 2-1 win at Waltham Abbey last Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
James Webster’s men are hoping to finish in the play-offs this season, after missing out by two points last campaign.
And finally Witham Town are hoping for their first win of the season as they host Phoenix Sports.
- 1 Victoria Hall murder: Suffolk strangler Steve Wright reportedly arrested
- 2 Hunt for Victoria Hall's killer takes another twist
- 3 'It was as if Covid didn't exist' - Latitude-goers report positive tests
- 4 Town bosses on 'Chequebook FC' nickname, Premier League timeframe and more
- 5 'From the outside it looks silly' - Chaplin on why he dropped down for Town
- 6 Cardinal Park taped off as man suffers stab wounds
- 7 Boy, 5, in critical condition after incident at department store
- 8 Man airlifted to hospital from beach given 'vital first aid' by lifeguards
- 9 Boy, 13, pulled from moat at Framlingham Castle
- 10 Motorcyclist in life-threatening condition after crash with parked cars
Town, relegated from Ryman Premier last season, lost 2-1 at Redbridge in their season opener, before drawing 2-2 against Wakering Rangers midweek.