Ryman North round-up: Mixed night for local teams
- Credit: Archant
A round-up from Tuesday’s night’s games in Ryman North.
Witham Town 0
Brightlingsea Regent strengthened their Ryman North play-off bid with a convincing win at Essex rivals Witham Town last night. Terry Rymer gave the R’s a 12th minute lead, and two goals during the last quarter of the game from Luke Read (69) and Jake Clowsley (83) ensured victory at Spa Road. James Webster’s men are three points adrift of the play-offs, in seventh slot, having lost their previous two fixtures, while Witham remain in trouble at the end of the table, two points clear of the drop zone.
Bury Town 2
You may also want to watch:
Bury rallied from 2-0 down before bowing to defeat at the hands of promotion-chasing Thurrock last night. The visitors broke the deadlock via Junior Baker on 29 minutes, and Ronnie Winn doubled their lead early in the second half. Bury bounced back with Nicky Inrgam (60) and Ollie Hughes (70) on target, only for Ross Gleed to net a 75th minute winner.
- 1 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 2 11 Suffolk hotels named among best in the country
- 3 Pictures show flooding along Suffolk coast
- 4 Major A14 roundabout may not reopen until next week as water main repaired
- 5 Widow: 'Heartless' council won't allow extra 4 inches for my husband's headstone
- 6 A140 closed in both directions after two vehicle crash
- 7 Suffolk shop wins 'Boutique Clothing Store of the Year'
- 9 Warning of seasonal canine disorder after dachshund Trudie taken ill
- 10 Caravan owners furious after park suddenly blocks sales of properties
Maldon & Tiptree 2
Maldon & Tiptree twice lost the lead as they were held to a home draw in Ryman North. Chris Regis, signed on loan from Colchester United, broke the deadlock on his debut after just five minutes. Logan equalised quickly, but Joe Francis bagged his first goal for the Jammers to regain the lead early in the second half. Ryan Crisp grabbed a last minute equaliser.