‘Sackers’ Witches pick up the cup
Rye House 49 Ipswich 41. Ipswich win 97-88 on agg
IPSWICH ‘Sackers’ Witches picked up their first piece of silverware for the new season with an aggregate victory over Rye House last night.
The home side beat the Witches 49-41, but the visitors from Suffolk won this Anglian Cup clash 97-88 on aggregate, having won by 17 points at Foxhall on Thursday.
Jerran Hart was the star man for the Witches with four wins in his 12 point haul and he was ably backed up by Kevin Doolan and Taylor Poole.
Lasse Bjerre suffered a fall and engine problems in his final two rides, while Poole, Chris Mills and Chris Schramm all suffered falls.
You may also want to watch:
For the Rockets, Nelson, the young Australian was in sparkling form with 14 points, while Jason Doyle, guesting from Poole, also netted a paid 14 points.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Plenty of positives despite Palace defeat
- 2 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 3 Eagle-eyed plane spotter saves pilot's life
- 4 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 5 How the Ipswich Town players performed in their friendly clash with Crystal Palace
- 6 7 pretty villages in Suffolk
- 7 Leisure centre closes after travellers park up on site
- 8 Ipswich Town 0 Crystal Palace 1: Zaha makes Town pay the penalty
- 9 Popular Southwold fish and chip shop for sale for £850k
- 10 Town coach on Palace display, fans' return, transfer business and Evans' absence
Rye House: Jordan Frampton 7, Luke Bowen 8, Ritchie Hawkins 1+1, Joe Haines 5+2, Jason Doyle 13+1, Ben Morley 1, Nelson 14.
Ipswich: Kevin Dooland 11+1, Taylor Poole 7+2, Lasse Bjerre 5, R/R, Chris Schramm 4, Jerran Hart 12, Chris Mills 2.
PICTURES from the meeting, plus quotes from the Ipswich riders in Monday’s Evening Star and EADT.