Sam Walker’s Colchester future is in the balance
- Credit: Archant
Colchester United keeper Sam Walker’s future is uncertain.
Walker has excelled during both his loan stays with the U’s, but his second spell is now drawing to a close.
The Chelsea loanee, who spent the second half of last season with the U’s, replacing Mark Cousins from the end of January.
has been ever present this season, following his return from Stamford Bridge.
However, the talented 22-year-old’s current loan deal runs out in mid-January, and it is not clear yet whether he will return to Stamford Bridge, stay with the U’s, or perhaps move to a new club.
You may also want to watch:
Walker said: “I’m having some talks with Chelsea in the next couple of weeks. Once I know what’s going on there I will be able to act accordingly.”
Walker’s current contract at Chelsea expires this summer.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Celina wins it for Town and sends Portman Road wild
- 2 How Suffolk are you? Take our quiz to find out
- 3 Revealed: The most expensive towns to buy a home in Suffolk
- 4 Ratings: How the Ipswich Town players performed in their 2-1 Fleetwood win
- 5 Ipswich Town 2-1 Fleetwood Town: Celina's late, late winner seals it for Blues
- 6 Andy's Angles: Six observations after Ipswich Town's 2-1 win over Fleetwood
- 7 Road closed as one person trapped in car on its roof
- 8 'It's been difficult... I was just so happy' - Celina delighted to end long goal drought in style
- 9 'Unique' café with 250 plus board games to play will open soon
- 10 'It wasn't good for all our hearts' - Roberts delight after Town comeback win
Having made 19 appearances for the U’s last season. Walker has already played 22 games this term.
The U’s have no game this weekend, due to their first round exit in the FA Cup at the hands of Sheffield United.
They are next in action at home to Notts County on December 14.