Same again is best option for John Ward
IT could well be ‘same again’ for Colchester United boss John Ward, in terms of team selection, for Saturday’s visit of promotion favourites Sheffield United.
Club captain Kem Izzet, who missed Tuesday night’s 2-2 draw against Portsmouth with a back injury, is again expected to sit out this weekend.
But otherwise Ward has a full-strength squad to choose from, bolstered by the arrival of new signing Gavin Massey from Watford.
Winger Massey is not 100% match-fit, due to a lack of pre-season games, so the 19-year-old looks set for a place on the bench.
Meanwhile, the U’s under-21s lost their first competitive match of the season, beaten 3-2 at Bristol City last night.
You may also want to watch:
Merrrick James-Lewis and Freddie Ladapo were on target for the U’s.
- 1 Isaacs call police after quayside drinkers cause chaos outside bar
- 2 Cook discusses Chambers' future after captain dropped at Charlton
- 3 The 20 places in Suffolk that recorded the most coronavirus cases this week
- 4 Missing Stowmarket man, 49, found safe and well
- 5 Stu says: Five observations following Ipswich Town's 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 6 Shopper eschew Suffolk's smaller towns to hit Primark
- 7 'It was a tiny step forwards' - Cook on 0-0 draw at Charlton
- 8 'I left the club in a more than decent place' - Lambert opens up on leaving Town
- 9 Barn goes up in flames in Suffolk village
- 10 Saturday drinkers queue for post-lockdown pints