Samuel signs for U’s
DOMINIC Samuel has become the latest player to sign for Colchester United.
Young front-runner Samuel has been recruited on a month’s loan from Reading, and will go straight into the squad for this Saturday’s tough away game at Doncaster Rovers.
Samuel explained: “I was very surprised to get the call from Colchester.
“But I was excited at the same time, with the chance to play first team football. It will be good to play in a different team.”
Samuel was originally with Millwall, before being released as a youngster, and he was playing Sunday League football when he was later picked up by Reading.
You may also want to watch:
The 18-year-old has gone on to play for England Under-19s, and has made one senior appearance for Reading, in a 3-0 defeat at Sunderland last month.
“I’ve had a mad start to my career,” added Samuel.
- 1 Emotional moment as family decides to cease farming in-hand
- 2 Man arrested after car crashes into supermarket sign
- 3 'We'll see how we go' - QPR boss Warburton on Bonne recall option
- 4 New online booking system for Suffolk recycling centres
- 5 Suspected drink driver flees scene after car destroyed in crash
- 7 'We are sorry' - Council apologises for letting SEND children in Suffolk down
- 8 Fuller Flavour: Can we sign Bonne permanently, please?
- 9 Exhausted farmers cool off the combines after gruelling harvest
- 10 Couple fear they will never sell home after A12 upgrade outside