Sanmi Odelusi could make his Cheltenham debut against old club Colchester United
- Credit: Richard Blaxall / Pagepix
Former Colchester United striker Sanmi Odelusi, whose contract ended at the turn of the year, could make his Cheltenham Town debut against the U’s tomorrow.
Ex-Bolton and Wigan front-runner Odelusi struggled to make an impact at the Community Stadium, and so did not have his short-term contract extended following his summer arrival.
Instead, the 24-year-old impressed in a Cheltenham Reserves’ match against AFC Wimbledon before Christmas, resulting in Robins’ manager Gary Johnson signing him for the rest of the campaign.
“Sanmi has got good experience with the clubs he’s been at, and has got very good pace,” explained Johnson.
“He can play as a striker, a No. 9 or a No. 10, or as a wide player, and he gives us more options than we have at the moment.”
You may also want to watch:
Odelusi never started a league game for the U’s, although he made nine substitute appearances and scored as a late substitute in the 2-1 defeat at Notts County.
- 1 Machinery to be sold following the loss of 'passionate' farmer
- 2 Town co-owner Bakay on future of Portman Road name
- 3 Band and singer pull out of Latitude Festival due to positive Covid tests
- 4 'I am very, very excited' - Town teenager Gibbs completes Norwich move
- 5 Sought-after Felixstowe beach hut sells for £88K
- 6 How bride paid £1 for vintage wedding dress
- 7 Empty shelves as 'pingdemic' takes its toll on Suffolk's supply chain
- 8 Town Transfer Talk: Latest on Coulson, Crooks, Bishop and Downes
- 9 Bin lorry driver ran over colleague's leg in Kesgrave
- 10 5 places to avoid the crowds in Suffolk this summer