Sanmi Odelusi to leave Colchester United at the end of this month
- Credit: Richard Blaxall / Pagepix
Colchester United boss, John McGreal, has revealed that Sanmi Odelusi will not be offered a new contract.
Front-runner Odelusi, recruited on a short-term deal last summer until the end of this year, will therefore become a free agent in just over a week’s time.
“I have spoken to Sanmi, and we are trying to link him up with another club,” explained McGreal.
“His contract runs out on December 31, and we have not offered him a new one.
“We have used him as an important member of the squad of late, and he has done particularly well for us lately, being effective from the bench. He is also a good character to have about, and his application has been excellent, but he has not had as many starts as he would have liked,” added McGreal.
You may also want to watch:
Ex-Wigan 24-year-old Odelusi has already had a trial match with Cheltenham.
The U’s, fresh from a fine 3-2 win at Swindon Town last Friday night, entertain Port Vale on Saturday afternoon (3pm).
- 1 Matchday Recap: All-square as Town and U's share six goals
- 2 Town complete ninth signing as Edmundson joins from Scottish giants
- 3 Teenage girl allegedly raped on village recreation ground, court hears
- 4 'Amazing' - Joy as port welcomes maiden call of luxury cruise ship
- 5 Man dies after lorry crashes into trees
- 6 Suffolk postcode sees house prices rise by £100,000 in a year
- 7 Colchester town centre streets closed following concern over child
- 8 Kenyan school chums meet by 'unbelievable chance' at Suffolk village fete
- 9 Family creates 50 new jobs by reviving two Suffolk pubs
- 10 Friends reunited, points to prove and more goals, please - Town face U's