Saturday night will be all right as brilliant banger racing returns to Foxhall
- Credit: Archant
Spedeworth Oval Motorsport at Foxhall Stadium, Ipswich opens this Saturday night, when Spedeworth/Incarace Motorsports proudly presents a ‘barnstormer’ of a season opener with round two of the hugely popular Banger World Series.
Whether you are a casual race fan or a “die hard” Banger fan, this is one meeting you simply would not want to miss if the meeting is anything like round one which was staged at London’s Wimbledon Stadium a few weeks back when the pits were bursting with a huge entry of cars and a terrific night’s racing had the huge crowd cheering and going home having been very entertained!
There are more than 60 cars booked in and a who’s, who of the best drivers currently competing in the National banger scene.
This for many is where the road to gold begins, with vital World Qualifying points on offer and of course, customary with the Banger World Series - a golden ticket into the World Final race itself, going to the winner of the meeting final with a wildcard spot.
However, even with all this up for grabs do not expect it to be all about racing as the BWS Rounds have a habit of producing some great crashing action,
You may also want to watch:
Joining the National Bangers on Saturday are the ultra-competitive 2.0Ltr Hot Rods who are competing in round one of their Hoosier Racing Tires Series. Joining them also is our Historic Stock Cars, so much a part of the history of this iconic Raceway as they return for another ‘dust up’ at Ipswich.
Also replicating Foxhalls famous history, the diversity of this Formula still grids Triumphs, Fords and even the legendary MG Magnette together just as it was back here in the 1970s as the current modern day Drivers battle for honours.
- 1 Paul Cook's takeover worry and why he cancelled today's pre-match press conference
- 2 Giant Noah's Ark stuck on Ipswich Waterfront
- 3 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 4 'I absolutely want to be part of it' - Skipper Chambers on Cook and his Town future
- 5 Ipswich Town transfer rumours: Town linked with Feyenoord defender as Edwards 'attracts interest'
- 6 Closing coastal footbridge will have 'devastating' impact, pub owner says
- 7 Driver goes to court over speed camera calibration dispute
- 8 Family's heartfelt tribute to 'devoted mother' of four who died in crash
- 9 Careless driver who caused fatal crash is jailed
- 10 Four miles of queues after A12 collision
Racing starts at 6.45pm and turnstiles open at 5.30pm.
Facilities include two fully seated grandstands along the back straight, a grandstand for those who are disabled or have special needs and catering facilities.