Saxmundham triumph in Plate Final
Ray Halls produced a fine innings as Saxmundham Sports beat Stradbroke ‘A’ by 46 runs to win the MSC Suffolk Alliance Plate Final, held at Easton CC last weekend.
Halls top-scored with 73 as Saxmundham totalled a challenging 201 for seven off their 40 overs. He received good support from Stuart Goddard (29).
Allan Barker recorded a half-century himself, in Stradbroke’s reply, and there were also useful twenties from Liam Smith and Matt Wise.
However, three wickets apiece for Parry Minhas and Thomas Feveyear ensured a comfortable win for Saxmundham, and it was no surprise that Halls was named man of the match.
Meanwhile, in the final Section A fixture of the season, a century by Jonny Rice helped Sudbourne Hall to a crushing 118-run victory over Caribbeans.
You may also want to watch:
Rice scored 112 and Tom Jenkin contributed 90 as the hosts amassed 232 for four. Sam Stowe then took four wickets as Caribbeans were restricted to 114 for eight.
Kesgrave had already been crowned Section A champions.
- 1 Forensic teams at Woodbridge house after 'incident'
- 2 Major police probe after man and woman found dead in Woodbridge
- 3 First pictures: Which Suffolk pubs are preparing to reopen on April 12?
- 4 Matchday Recap: Goalless again in first game of a new era at Town
- 5 Tudor farmhouse with separate annexe is again for sale for £1.275m
- 6 Town's country park remains closed after woman's body discovered
- 7 Murder suspect arrested after woman found dead at country park
- 8 'It was a surprise for a lot of us... but these are exciting times' - Gill on takeover
- 9 Suspected drink driver charged after police dog tracks down man hiding in a ditch
- 10 Managing director of popular zoos steps down after 28 years
Down in Section D, there was an impressive debut from E Guardley. He took seven for 15 as Coddenham & Grundisburgh beat Saxmundham Sports 2nd XI by 88 runs. Guardley had also scored 26 in his side’s total of 212 for four, with 40s from M Livesey, A Dunnet and J Dyer.