Saxmundham triumph in Plate Final
Ray Halls produced a fine innings as Saxmundham Sports beat Stradbroke ‘A’ by 46 runs to win the MSC Suffolk Alliance Plate Final, held at Easton CC last weekend.
Halls top-scored with 73 as Saxmundham totalled a challenging 201 for seven off their 40 overs. He received good support from Stuart Goddard (29).
Allan Barker recorded a half-century himself, in Stradbroke’s reply, and there were also useful twenties from Liam Smith and Matt Wise.
However, three wickets apiece for Parry Minhas and Thomas Feveyear ensured a comfortable win for Saxmundham, and it was no surprise that Halls was named man of the match.
Meanwhile, in the final Section A fixture of the season, a century by Jonny Rice helped Sudbourne Hall to a crushing 118-run victory over Caribbeans.
Rice scored 112 and Tom Jenkin contributed 90 as the hosts amassed 232 for four. Sam Stowe then took four wickets as Caribbeans were restricted to 114 for eight.
Kesgrave had already been crowned Section A champions.
- 1 Matchday Recap: Town out of Trophy after shootout loss
- 2 New farm shop and cafe opens in Suffolk countryside
- 3 Further case of Omicron Covid variant detected in East Anglia
- 4 Weather warning issued as Suffolk could see snow fall tomorrow
- 5 Under-used council land to become sites for 3,000 homes
- 6 Case of new Omicron Covid variant identified in Norfolk
- 7 Uproar as plans put in to turn Suffolk pub into vets
- 8 Flood alerts issued for Suffolk coast ahead of expected high tide
- 9 'Fans are disgruntled - I understand it' - Cook on Papa John's Trophy exit to Arsenal U21s
- 10 West Suffolk's Covid rate rises to become highest in county
Down in Section D, there was an impressive debut from E Guardley. He took seven for 15 as Coddenham & Grundisburgh beat Saxmundham Sports 2nd XI by 88 runs. Guardley had also scored 26 in his side’s total of 212 for four, with 40s from M Livesey, A Dunnet and J Dyer.